Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction, evidence and evaluation for my AS foundation portfolio.

Thursday, 26 January 2012

Audience Research - Primary

I conducted some primary audience research in order to:
  • -find out what appeals to my target audience
  • -to discover any flaws or potential improvements that could be made to my film genre
  • -to identify any gaps in the market and place a refreshing new twist on the genre



This is the chosen product that i have conducted my research on.
These are the questions i have asked my sample:
-What encouraged you to keep watching, if it did?
-Did you find it scary? If so why?
-What made it effective, if you found it so?
-What did you like about it, if anything?
-Did it look like a horror? Why?




From the research I did with a selective sample & from my target audience, I found that :
-The start of silent hill wasn't very appealing to a younger audience
-The introduction disequilibrium was confusing and not very clear
-It wasn't scary but the dark opening was a conventional feature of horror.
-They didn't like much about it, it wasn't very scary for a horror opening with a disequilibrium at the start.
-They didn't find anything effective.

Below is a list of stylist decisions I'll try to make for my product following my audience feedback.
-Made the opening disequilibrium clear
-Follow the conventional horror features
-Make the audience question what is happening
-Make the antagonist's/protagonist's clear

No comments:

Post a Comment